Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Software Engineer II is a member of the Engineering team and is responsible for the design and support of Microsoft Windows and Web applications used in inflight entertainment equipment and cabin management systems.
Relevant Tools, Programming Languages & Protocols:
.NET, C#, Visual Studio, IIS web server, MySql Server
RS232 or RS485 or any other type of serial communication
Unit tests in C#, test automation, TCP/IP
Source control systems (SVN, Git or Github)
DI, Dapper, Nuget packages, Resharper, logging (log4net, nlog), Owin middleware
Software tools such as Beyond Compare, DiffMerge, WireShark and Hexa Editors
Works closely as part of the Engineering team in developing innovative FDS Avionics products including aviation audio/video equipment, LCD monitors, cabin management systems.
- Primary focus is software development with Windows 7 Development using C# for M2M Communication.
- Uses multiple development languages, maintains and manipulates large data sets and SQL databases, for software development which may include but are not limited to:
- Java, C#, JQuery, CSS, HTML, PHP, etc.
- MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Works in a micro-service environment with DLLS and low level drivers and high throughput messaging systems such as:
- COM port and USB Drivers
- XMPP or Kafka
- Multi-threads in C# using Mutex/Semaphores
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems and develops approaches/solutions to quickly resolve product issues.
- Collaborates with the development and CMS engineering teams in reviewing the requirements, and developing software to achieve specifications.
- Works with the team and takes a proactive approach to identify and address roadblocks that risk the on time completion of a project.
- This individual will be comfortable working in an organization where short decision-making cycles, decisiveness, and individual responsibility and accountability are expected and valued.
- Conducts work in a tactful, but aggressive style to meet deadlines, is extremely responsive in a team oriented environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline with 5 to 7 years’ of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred degree in a related engineering field: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in as a software development engineer role to include but not limited to:
- Experience in .NET, C#, Visual Studio, IIS web server
- Experience in relational database development preferably using MySql Server
- Experience with RS232 or RS485 or any other type of serial communication
- Experience developing services using Web Api and REST API
- Experience in software development for distributed systems
- Experience using source control systems (SVN, Git or Github)
1 to 2+ years
- Experience in Agile Scrum environment
- Experience in one or more the following frameworks and tools: DI, Dapper, Nuget packages, Resharper, logging (log4net, nlog), Owin middleware
- Experience with InstallShield or MSI
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a strong analytical and problem solving skillset, and exhibit effective time management and task ownership on their assignments
Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
Word, Excel, and Visio
This position typically does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A driver’s license may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Office-type environment with temperature control; may be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.