Accounting Specialist - Accounts Payable/Receivable
Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and reconciliation of business credit card statements. Maintain various financial reports that are part of the monthly reporting package and other clerical support for the Finance department.
Accounts Payable duties:
- Weekly invoice and expense payment processing for all vendors and employees.
- Verification and reconciliation of all authorized credit card purchases.
- Maintain Vendor files ensuring that all payments have adequate backup information to justify the amount paid.
- Code all payments to appropriate general ledger account.
- Maintain GRN on a weekly basis.
- Verifies, codes and posts details of financial business transactions in company ledger.
Accounts Receivable duties:
- Prepares invoice documentation from completed purchase orders.
- Reviews and reconciles invoices prior to sending out documents.
- Monitors past due invoices and makes collection calls as necessary.
- Receives customer payments and posts to appropriate General Ledger accounts.
- Makes bank deposits.
- Processes PayPal payments and monitors the PayPal account to determine when to move money under guidance of Controller.
Other Accounting related duties:
- Assists with the preparation of the weekly cash forecast.
- Assists the Staff Accountant and Controller with special projects as required and provides feedback as needed.
- Reviews and provides explanation of month to month variances in assigned general ledger accounts.
- Assist with month end close as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 3 years of related experience is the minimum requirement for this position.
- Preferred: Associates degree or 2-year certificate in an Accounting/Finance discipline with a least two years’ relevant experience.
- Candidates with a BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline and less than one year of experience may be considered.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems, Syspro experience is a plus.
- Must have prior Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be versatile and work independently.
- High degree of commitment, initiative, flexibility and attention to detail.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent follow through and the ability to work in a fast paced and challenging entrepreneurial environment.
Advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook; and Syspro experience preferred.
This position typically does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver's License may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Office-type environment with temperature control; may be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.